The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is changing the way that commercial goods are imported into Canada and the CARM Client Portal will allow for self-service access for importers. On May 25, 2021 the CARM Client Portal will go live, and we want to be sure that you are ready for this change.
We recently hosted a live webinar with special guests from the CBSA detailing the process of registering for the CARM Client Portal, but if you missed it, it’s not too late! You can access a recording from the presentation, as well as the slides here.
Why is it important to register?
- It’s important to register early to ensure there are no disruptions to your Import activity (this will not happen in Release 1 – but if you aren’t registered you will experience delays once Release 2 opens)
- To become familiar and comfortable with using the portal
- To ensure you have the correct parties as delegated authorities
When can I register?
- Release 1 opens May 25, 2021, and you can register for the CARM portal starting on this day
How to register?
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to get set up on the CARM Client Portal
A tip to keep in mind!
- The first person to register for a business will be considered the account manager, so be sure to have the correct person at your organization registering for the CARM Client Portal.
We know that the changes coming with CARM can be overwhelming, but rest assured that Buckland will be working hand in hand with our customers to ensure that they have the information required to successfully transition into each release of CARM. In support of this, watch your email for more details and resources to come.
- Visit the CARM CBSA website
- View CARM support resources on CARM Google Drive
- Questions? Email: CBSA.CARM_Engagement-Engagement_de_la_GCRA.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
- Join the CARM LinkedIn Group
- Join the CARM GCcollab Forum
- Join our distribution list, reach out to the CBSA.CARM_Engagement-Engagement_de_la_GCRA.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca