March 15, 2021, will mark the beginning of the second and final phase of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Core Message Set rollout.
This information is relevant for importers, brokers and filers and users will be required to submit message set data for regulated products such as plants, plant products, animal products and live dog imports. If they do not submit properly, the severity flag will be raised from ‘warning’ to ‘reject’ with the enforcement of the APHIS Core Message Set in the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
Please see the additional resources for APHIS:
- APHIS ACE website
- APHIS Core Implementation Guide
- APHIS Supplemental Trade Guide
- APHIS Core Message Set Webinars
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule Flags Code
- Brokers, filers and importers may also contact the APHIS Core Message Set Help Desk at 1-833-481-2102, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. to get assistance with their entry, or they can submit APHIS Core Message Set questions by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stakeholder notice regarding Implementation of APHIS Core Message Set