The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has provided client support contact information for those experiencing issues with e-manifest filing. This information is relevant to freight forwarders and carriers and we recommend that this information be shared with any partners to ensure that they are aware.
CBSA has requested that clients familiarize themselves with the requirements for Freight Forwarders prior to contacting the help desks.
CBSA Client Support Options:
1. For non-technical related questions regarding policy and processes, or to sign up for an implementation session, please contact the eManifest helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org – Service is available Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (ET), except holidays.
2. For operational issues involving live freight (e.g. house bill has arrived, release on file, but shipment not release yet) please contact one of the eManifest Regional Client Support locations depending on shipment destination and mode:
Eastern Canada shipment destination
- Client support is available Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
- Marine mode: 514-350-6169 / email@example.com
- Air mode: 514-633-7844 ext. 2001
- Highway mode: 450-246-8051 or (Atlantic Region) 231-506-465-2113
- Rail mode (Atlantic Region): 231-506-465-2113 / CBSA.Commercial-231.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
Western Canada shipment destination
- Client support is available Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT
- All modes: 604-666-0098
3. For EDI and Portal technical questions and support (e.g. signing up for notices) please contact the TCCU at:
Telephone Overseas: 613-946-0762
Regular Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00 ET Call the hotline for technical assistance and problems regarding the submission of trade data, e.g. reject messages, via EDI or eManifest Portal. Email support is also available for EDI applications, testing and general inquiries.
After Hours: Weekdays 17:00 – 08:00 ET Saturday, Sunday and all civic and statutory holidays – 24/7. Call the hotline for urgent technical assistance. When calling the hotline, leave a detailed message and an officer will return your call.
The Services Document clarifies which issues should be directed to the TCCU hotline, during and after business hours, as well as the types of questions to be referred elsewhere. This resource can be found here.
Reference: Customs Notice 20-28