Buckland has received notice regarding the 2017 Customs Tariff Amendments. We are sharing it with valued customers to ensure that you are kept aware of government regulations and changes in the industry.
- The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise of an amendment to the January 16, 2017 version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
- Statistics Canada has made the following changes:
|Classification Number||Change Type|
|8518.104.22.168||Text Change (French only)|
- All the above changes are effective April 1, 2017. Changes are identified in the .PDF versions by a black change bar in the left margin and in the Microsoft Access file by a “1” in the change column.
- An amended version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, reflecting all of these changes, is available on the CBSA website.
- For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling on tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request can be found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, which is found on the CBSA website.
- For more information, within Canada, call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500or 506-636-5064.Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time/except statutory holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
This notice is available on the CBSA website at: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/cn-ad/cn17-10-eng.html